On my last post, I left off praying for some of my fellow cystics...Jen did pass on, Garran is flourishing with his new lungs. His pics on his caringbridge site shows how much he is glowing, how he looks and plays like a normal 7 year old. I guess I will never stop praying, I pray for peace and comfort for Jen's friends and family. I pray for Garran's continued progress and healing post transplant and that he doesn't show any signs of rejection. I pray that I get through another day intact and healthy. I pray for my family. I pray that I don't overcook the meatloaf......
There isn't a day that goes by that I don't stop and offer my intentions to someone or thing and that is okay. Some days it is difficult though...there is just so much suffering out there. On those days, my heart aches and I pour my soul out, my mind is cleared of everything except the person who is dire need of prayers. Everything else becomes trivial. Thankfully, most days are relatively calm and I carry on, alert.
These days, I am thinking about my brother who is newly married. I pray that their marriage works, that they are happy and won't face too many hardships. Their recpetion is this Saturday and I am looking forward to it. My mom is absolutely in her glory, she has carefully picked out her outfit and song to dance with my brother. It is a proud moment in any mom's life...right up there with graduations, births and such. As a mom myself, I have not experienced any of the above, next year I will as my daughter marches down that aisle to get her high school diploma and leaves the nest to go to colllege. I will be a mess. I know I will and I am not ashamed to admit it. My daughter knows this and has warned me not to embarrass her too much. Kids. Someday I hope to be able to witness my children getting married, having children and other wonderful milestones in their lives and for all of this, I must pray.
Until next time my friends, Jenn :)
Rest in Peace Aunt Marybeth
10 years ago
1 comment:
Praying for meatloaf? HA HA, now that's a new one!
Can't say I've ever thought of that during one of my insomnia episodes, but chocolate . . . mmmmmm, that's another story.
Oh Jenn, I can so relate to you. Wanting to be around for all the normal life milestones is a big deal for us, knowing we take a day at a time. Just keep making goals and bucket lists!
Just be sure to bring a whole box of kleenex to your daughter's graduation . . . you'll need them.
Post a Comment