Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Praying.....

While checking on updates regarding Garran (he is doing fabulously BTW), I find out that another fellow cystic, Jenn aka Findingher, has suffered a horrible bout of bleeding and is in the ICU on a ventilator with a few hours or days left in her young life. This sucks...I really have no adequate words to describe what I am feeling. I am elated for Garran and his amazing progress....no less than 24 hours after transplant, he is roaming the halls and off the vent but at the same time I am crushed by the news of Jenn. I am just so torn....where there is light, there is darkness.
One thing which can be agreed upon is that CF sucks...
*sigh*
I feel so helpless in these cases, physically I am distanced from those I care about with CF because of the germ constraints (sucks). I can only offer my support or prayers via blogs or telephone. While I have never met any of my fellow CF'ers, I feel a special kindred amongst them. I hurt when they hurt, I smile and feel elation with any victories that are bestowed upon them as well.
I can only hope and pray that Jenn is comfortable, that maybe there is a glimmer of hope somewhere. Please pray for both Jenn and Garran my friends.

2 comments:

jodi said...

JENN! Good to see you blogging again!

And yes, I too was praying with everything I had for a miracle recovery for Jenn. I guess the good Lord had other plans for her. RIP Jenn.

It is all so sad. One day you're knitting a baby blanket for a friend, the next you're on the vent and then die. : ( It really hits home how fast things change. We never know when to expect the unexpected.

I'm so glad things are going well for you in the CF dept . . .
Be well.
Hugs,
Jodi : )

Lee said...

Jen, I didn't know you had a blog. Very nice, feel free to visit me at http://lee-thequarterdeck.blogspot.com

Sorry for the lost of your friend.