That's right...crud. In my lungs that is...and if you count the rain drenched cruddy driveway and anything else that has been drowned by days of rain, that too. Let me first say that moving is stressful. It ranks up there on the list of life's most stressful events and even though I only moved about 10 miles from my previous home, it still was a bitch. First came the packing of seemingly endless boxes, then there was the serious cleaning before I would bring said boxes of my stuff into the apartment and then unpacking. Did I mention that there were stairs involved? Yep...stairs. Even to a healthy person, this is daunting enough but to someone with chronic lung disease, this feat becomes exponentially harder.
By the time I was done carrying the last box up to my apartment, I was literally running on fumes of adrenaline. There simply wasn't enough left in my system for anything else and so I crashed, mentally and physically. I couldn't get my ass moving for at least a few days, the fatigue was just so great and then I start to cough up that stuff...you know, the thick, nasty smelling goo that decides it wants some attention. And so,a phone call to my doc and a few labs later, I am back on antibiotics. Only they aren't really doing their job...my chest still hurts and my cough is never ending at times, despite being compliant with my treatments for the most part. The next step is probably some sort of IV...or another oral added to the mix of the two that I am already taking. I guess I will have to have a chat with my doc on monday to see what she thinks...
Other than all of the above, I really am happy in my own space. I love my mom dearly, but she is a difficult person to live with. She probably thought the same about me, I am as stubborn as they come and it is hard for me to back down. And so after much deliberation, it was decided that I find a place and she sells the house. She now lives with my brother, his wife, and their two toddlers. It seems to be going well, I only wish her happiness in the end. I just think that it is odd that she would choose to live in the same place she babysits on a daily basis. It would be like me living at the hospital when I was still a nurse...no way would I do that, I would want my own breathing room, my own space. A distinction between work and my home. She doesn't really have that, it is all jumbled together into one package. As soon as she wakes up, kids up until she goes to sleep. I really hope that she finds a balance between the two or there will eventually be friction.
Tomorrow is father's day, so it is off to a BBQ at my brother's. I just hope that it is nice enough to enjoy it outside. I am the bearer of the watermelon, originally I was supposed to bring potato salad, but that was nixed on account that the gas man never came to hook up my stove. When I called the company, I found out why. Apparently, the lady who took my original request down went on vacation and neglected to put it into the computer, essentially I fell through the cracks. Now I have to wait until Tuesday for my gas, until then, more George Foreman grill usage along with heavy microwaving. All I have to say is that they better make it this time or I am going to be pissed.
I guess I will end it here for now my friends, until next time
Jenn :)
Rest in Peace Aunt Marybeth
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment