So today I decided to change out my trach and access my port. This all part of my monthly regime and is as normal to me as a sunny day. Doing all of these procedures definitely gets me thinking...I think about all of what doctors did and do for me to keep me healthy and most importantly, here. Here to be with my family, friends and my fur babies. Here to keep breathing in fresh air and to be sun kissed another day. Here to feel love and be loved. Even if my day sucks and my lungs are crap, I am still here to experience it. And so, I am thankful :)
As promised, I did videotape these procedures, and so, I will put them here for those who wish to see what a trach change is like or what accessing a port entails.
Video #1...Trach change. Reminder: this is an actual procedure,
Okay, here's the second, the Port ....
As always my friends, until next time...
Jenn
Rest in Peace Aunt Marybeth
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment