Thursday, August 14, 2008

Inked!!

That's right...I now am a proud owner of a tattoo on my ankle. I designed it myself with my daughter in mind. A year ago on her birthday she came up to me and said that if I was healthy enough, could we both get one the following year, drawn by me to signify our special relationship. When I told some people of my daughter's request, they thought that it was strange but I did not. I thought it would be awesome to sit together and design something that was going to be etched permanently on us that had such strong symbolization. Let's face it, I am not growing any younger, in fact, it isn't likely that I will live to be a ripe old age.
Yesterday, we decided to trek our way to the neighboring town's tattoo parlor and present him with our sketch and idea. He loved it and was eager to help us out. I even convinced my mom to get a small tattoo (I will post that pic later, she is a bit camera shy LOL). I got mine on my ankle, Kelly got hers on her inner wrist which I have to say was very brave of her. The tattooist thought so too....that girl can take pain! She didn't even flinch and before I knew it, hers was done. There is one area that I would like filled in at a later time but all in all it came out pretty good. The original sketch was pretty detailed, I think he missed a line somewhere. I didn't think that it was that painful though, uncomfortable, yes but not painful. It wasn't something that I would like done to me for hours though. Her is a pic of my tattoo (my daughter's is the same but smaller):











Anyhoo...nothing else earth shattering today. Just the same 'ol drill for me, nebs (all 4 of them), vesting, eating, hills of pills....you know, the basics we do just to keep healthy. Oh, I did get my hair cut. It really needed it, I was beginning to look like shaggy the dog, my hair was so unruly that nothing I did would tame it. So off I trotted (well, not quite trotted) to the salon to have my locks trimmed down and am pleased with the results.

Here is a before pic of me, it is kind of hard to see what my hair is doing...: (I just realized just how freakin' tired I look...take a gander at those bags under the eyes!!!)


Okay, here I am after the salon, my hair is tamed!: (notice my Vest, see...I am being compliant and I look wide awake...probably from all of the shaking !LOL)









Well, that's all for today my friends! Tomorrow is my visit with the urologist...oooh how fun that will be. I will post how that visit goes. On Saturday it is my SIL's birthday bash...I will be sure to be having some fun there! She makes killer Hurricane drinks (I think there is something like 5 shots of something or other in them...potent! Just one of those suckers is bound to floor my ass LOL!). I just better not try and operate my motorized wheelchair after drinking one of those or else there may loss of limb or life. I am not a heavy drinker by any means, maybe that is why it takes maybe one or two to give me enough buzz. I always stop at no more than two...I don't like how I feel if I indulge in too many drinks. So I sit back and watch all of the others get wasted and act like morons by the end of the night. Quite the entertainment huh? Especially if any of them are my brother....he is crazy without any alcohol on board, even more so with a few under his belt. You just never know how a family function will turn out with him there!

Until next time, good night and peace...hugs, Jenn :)

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Welcome to the inked club!!

Amy said...

I love it!!!! My mom and I have the same tattoo on our ankles, one that I designed, as well. We get stares all the time when people notice (when we stand next to each other they touch). But it bonds us, just like it will with your daughter and you. I think it is beautiful!!!! And personally, my ankle hurt 100 times more than both my wrist tattoos combined!!!!!! LOL

Love the hair cut and the vest pic. I just put a new pic of me vesting up too :)

and thanks for the blog comment :)

<3

Jenn R said...

Thanks guys!! I am now officially "cool" by my daughter's standards LOL!
Hugs,Jenn :)