Okay...some of you will find that it is odd that I dedicate a single blog entry to a snack food but hey, I think it is worth it! I went shopping at K-mart the other day to get a few things that I needed. A new shirt...check it off of my list. Some batteries...another check. I wandered up and down each isle in my wheelchair searching for each of my listed items until I hit the snack isle. There were rows and rows of goodies ranging from the all too delicious Chunky bars loaded with raisins and nuts to the huge assortment of various chips.
I had not eaten yet, it was nearly 12 noon and my stomach was protesting its emptiness. I sought a quick snack to appease the grumblings until I found decent sustenance in a nearby restaurant after I was finished shopping. I scanned each bag of crisps...so many flavors, so many varieties, how was I supposed to make a decision with so many choices? Was I in the mood for Dorita chips? Naah...too cheesy. How about some Smart popcorn? Another nay as I did not relish picking pieces of popcorn out of my teeth. I finally settled on the variety of Pringle cans. I did not realize that there were so many new flavors out there...gone are the days of a plain chip. One can did peak my curiosity....the Extreme Dill pickle flavored chips. I happen to be a huge fan of dill chips and have been known to go on quests to find specific brands of this chip. When my local store discontinued the dill flavored Cape Cod potato chip, I was close to having an all out protest.
Back to the Pringles....I am usually not a fan of Pringles but since this was dill flavored, I had to try it. Once outside of the store, I popped off the lid, tore off the protective paper that separated my eager fingers from the chips and dug in. I tentatively took out a single, curved chip and examined it. Immediately my senses picked up the vinegary, salty smell that was characteristic of the brine of a dill pickle. I could identify dill shortly thereafter. It honestly smelled just like a pickle, which I absolutely adore and crave often. I bit into the chip and was pleasantly surprised right off of the bat. It was very tangy and salty, need I say more? I could not stop at that one solitary crisp, I had to eat more. Before I knew it...half of the canister was gone. I was officially hooked!
Long story short, once I got home, I went on a quest to find more of these beloved extreme dill flavored pringles. I swear I tried at least four different stores until I found a place that sold them, at Cumberland's. I was in my glory...I knew that if I had a sudden yearning for them, I could easily get my hands on them. I snatched up two cans and headed home in my chair. Once home, I safely tucked them away...I can safely say that I am well prepared for any 1 am munch fest.
If you like salt, vinegar and dill...you should try these....I guarantee that you will also be sold!
I will leave you now with good thoughts and peace...until next time, Jenn :)
Rest in Peace Aunt Marybeth
10 years ago
1 comment:
LOL since I don't like dill flavored anything I will leave all those pringles for you!!!!!!!!! Just leave me the sour cream and onion ones...yum!
<3
Post a Comment